Re: [Xen-devel] Floating Point Exception when compiling w/ gcc

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 18:07, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've received twice a floating point exception on a different
> > virtual machines
> > during compilation. The first time it was with mysql, the
> > second - kernel
> > 2.6.0. After I ran "make" again the compilation finished
> > without problems.
> >
> > I'm using Xen 2.0.4 build from sources on kernel 2.6.10
> > installed on standard
> > slackware 9.1. The machine is PIII w/ 512MB ram running 4 VM,
> > each with 64MB
> > ram. The two errors happened on different VM.
> >
> > Could this be some Xen issue?
>
> It's not totally impossible...
> Are you running an Xserver? What modules does it have loaded?

I'm not using X on the machine

> Are you using the default kernel config?

The default + smb support.

> Please can you confirm this is a PIII and not an Athlon.
sure

root@vm4:/usr/src/linux-2.6.0# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 940.641
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : yes
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 627.50

The CPU is overclocked but there wasn't such problems so far. I wanted to test
how stable Xen is by running kernel compilation 100 times on 4 VM
simultaneously and the 4th VM failed on the second compilation. The other 3
are still running without problems