Re: [Xen-devel] To use xcs or not?

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

Hmm from looking at the code in drivers/xen/evtchn/evtchn.c, it seems if I write to this device, I can unmask local event channels, but there is no notion of a target domain.

Port's come in pairs. 117 is the remote port number. Typically, in dom0 you would allocate the port pair (0, 117). The 0 tells xc to allocate an unused local port that's connected to the remote port.

Local ports are always unique so there's no need to be domain specific.

If I want to notify eventchannel #117 in, say, domain 5, how can I do that from dom0 using /dev/xen/evtchn?

Thanks,
Jacob

Anthony Liguori
anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx