[Xen-devel] Re: migration question

Hi Paul,

>Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I don't want to have external iscsi or nfs or other
> types of NAS butinstead use a small ramdisk.
> So I will boot a domain xenU with a small ramdisk
> which will be it's root,and then I want to migrate
> this domain from one vmware to the other.

Sorry - I can`t follow here exactly. Could you perhaps
describe in more detail what you did (especially with the
ramdisk) ? Did you use that as SharedStorage?

BTW:
If SharedStorage with VMWare (which icsci or special types
of NFS are) is an issue (it was till Version 4.x) - there
is a recent thread on VMWare mailinglist about SharedStorage
with VMWare Workstation (using a virtual SCSI HDD from within
two nodes at the same time). Now it seems to works again (via
undocumented param diskLib.dataCacheMaxSize = "0").

Unfortunately it`s the Vmware 5 beta board and it`s currently
closed to the public - you need an account:

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=10731&tstart=30

There is a similar public thread at:
http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?forumID=19&threadID=11257 \
&messageID=109257#109257