RE: Re: [Xen-devel] Why are I/O rings bidirectional?

> Is there anything to prevent the deadlock where the ring is
> entirely full of requests such that there is no space to put
> in any responses?

Each request generates (at most) one response so this can't happen. If
you additionally wanted some fixed number of outstanding in-band
"unsolicited responses" then you'd need to allocate headroom
appropriately. We haven't had the need to do this as all control is
out-of-band.

Ian