Re: [Xen-devel] allocating virtual nic to domain0

Björn Sessler wrote:

Hi Andrew,

i have a setup with 2 bridges, one on ethertap tap0 serving internal services like nfs for xenU domains and one on separate bridge eth0 for outside communication. so xen0/xenU internal traffic won't effect the bridge on eth0 and performance is much better... you need to define the mac in config-file, because with dynamic configuration both eth-devices in xenU will have same mac.

Actually, what I wanted to do was assign a xen virtual front-end ethernet to domain0, in a similar manner that one would assign one to another domain (nics = 1 in config file). I can't seem to do that for domain0. It seems like the options for domain0 ae a bit limited.

I actually have noticed some wierdness with ARP resolution, and I had suspected the mac addresses. Linux in the past has has some not quite strict behavior when it came to ARP, and maybe that has also come into play.

Thanks,

-Andrew Theuer

Rgds,
Bjoern

but i wasn't able to configure vtun/vtap with udev on my gentoo box.

Message: 7