Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save-Restore

> I would like to understand the method used by Xen to Save/Restore domains.
> As far as I tried... most of the code is written in python and exists in
> lib/python/xen/sv/ directory. I am not much familier with python, but this

* SV is the (experimental) web interface and is located in
tools/python/xen/sv/.
* Xend is the control daemon and handles all sorts of control-plane things
including receiving commands from SV and the xm command line tool and
dispatching them to the rest of the system.  Xend lives in
tools/python/xen/xend/.
* Xfrd is the migration / suspend daemon and is written in C for performance
reasons.  It accepts commands dispatched from Xend itself.  It lives in
tools/xfrd/ and contains the actual code for suspending / migrating a domain.

HTH,
Mark