Re: [Xen-devel] x2d2

Andrew Warfield wrote:

We are in the process of some fairly major revisions to the control
tools.  I think that the general expectation is that 3.0 will show
some pretty big changes to the control interfaces and tools.  The
unstable tree now has a control switch (xcs) which sits under xend and
Wow.  I wrote the same exact thing about a week or two ago.

I took a slightly different approach though. I opened a unix domain socket to receive messages on and also opened up ptys for each domain.

The daemon takes care of multiplexing and demultiplexing the messages so if your app sends a message, it will only get that response.

What are your thoughts on this approach? I particularly like the idea of piping the console data to a pty.

Regards,

allows other applications to be written to use the control channels
without needing to modify xend.  We are hoping to move towards small,
single-purpose management tools in dom0.

This should all start to appear in the unstable tree over the next
couple of months.

--
Anthony Liguori
anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx