Re: [Xen-devel] What is domain creation flow-chart in XEND

Nauzad Sadry wrote:

Hello folks

how does XEND pass the information abt the control channel in DomainU??.
What information in particular are you referring to? Are you talking about how it passes the information through the control channel or how it sets up the control channel?

I see xc_linux_build() function does set the control channel info, but
I do not see anybody in XEND using xc_linux_build (). Am I correct ??
Yeah, this has confused me a little too. xfrd does call xc_linux_build. Here's my understanding (this could be totally wrong). Xend uses the config file to build a LISP expression that it passes to xfrd. xfrd is what actually calls xc_linux_build. docs/misc/xend.tex and docs/misc/xen_config.html explain this stuff although neither mentions xfrd.

From what I am understanding x2d2 is like a miniXend for testing
purposes. The actual XEND does NOT communicate with x2d2.
This is correct. Looks like x2d2 is a bit older too because it doesn't actually do an evtchn_send which I believe means it won't actually work with today's kernels.

Regards,

Thanks

Nauzad