Re: [Xen-devel] lvm management of block devices in dom0 not working as well as it should

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Jan Kundrát wrote:

> Adam Heath wrote:
> > Is it possible to add additional commands over the emulation channel to
> > support querying sizes?  Or is there some command I need to run to kick the
> > guest into seeing the new size?
>
> Have you tried `swapoff /dev/swap`, resize inside domain0, `mkswap -f
> /dev/hda`, `swapon /dev/hda`?

kaffe:/home/doogie# mkswap -f /dev/hda
mkswap: Will not try to make swapdevice on '%s'

So, xen is not setting some field properly.  I have just extended the device
by 100m, but that doesn't matter.  I still can't mkswap it.

We *need* to be able to modify the size of the device in dom0, and have domU
see the change(be it with lvm, gnbd, or iscsi).

Actually, what would be ok, is lvm running in both dom0 and domU, and a
module communicating between the 2.