Re: [Xen-devel] nfsroot and brige

Keir Fraser said:

>> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:
>>
>> > I'm actually going off the whole idea of bridging rather than routeing
>> > as the default...
>>
>> I am with you. I don't think the bridge thing has worked out. I thought
>> it
>> was just me, but then I watched this list and realized it's a lot of
>> people having trouble with it.
>
> Yes, I think we should try routing instead. Should be easy to concoct
> some replacement scripts?
>
> Also then no need for etherbridge patch to our 2.4 kernel. :-)

Eek.  I am using bridging very successfully and have never had a
problem with it.  I don't use 2.4 any more though.  I hope it will
be possible to retain support for bridging.

I'm hoping I'm in the silent majority ;-)

One tweak I do make is to set up the bridge in Dom0 first.  I'd
be happy if bridge support was changed to require a pre-existing
bridge...

Cheers,

Leigh.