Re: [Xen-devel] vif-bridge is driving me nuts

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 22:52 -0500, Matt Ayres wrote:

> 2) In the example usage it shows the last parameter as ip= with a list
> of subnets.  How do I pass this ip information to vif-bridge from the
> domains configuration file?  I'd really like to use the functionality it
> has to limit which domain will be forwarded IP's (to prevent IP
> stealing), but for the life of my I can't figure it out... it definitely
> does NOT pass the ip variable from the config file as that is already
> set.
>
> I'm wondering where vif-script is executed by xend.. I did a grep over
> xend itself along with the entire /usr/lib/python/xen directory and only
> found a single reference to vif-script and that is where it loads in
> from the config file.  Perhaps just knowing more about how xend deals
> with vif-script will help me along here.

config file match up to those for vif-bridge... except for the 'ip'
parameter.  Would something like this in the domain configuration file
make sense?

vif = [ 'ip="192.168.1.80/32"' ]

or to better follow the example, even this:

vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11, bridge=xen-br0, ip="192.168.1.80/32"' ]

Of course, no scripts see ip as a valid argument so it doesn't work
now... it returns something like "Error: Invalid vif specifier:
ip=192.168.1.80/32".  Interestingly enough i've tried modifying
create.py (in the build tree so it builds create.pyc) to include 'ip' as
valid, same error.  Then I completely commented the 2 lines of code that
check and return the error and it STILL does it so i'm obviously missing
something, I guess I just need either a pointer from someone or to bury
myself in the code for a little bit more.

--
Thanks,
Matt