[Xen-devel] vif-bridge is driving me nuts

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with vif-bridge...

1) I wanted to change the bridge interface names to be more user
friendly and be named after the domain name, not the id.

I figured making this change in /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge would do it:

# Add/remove vif to/from bridge.
#brctl ${brcmd} ${bridge} ${vif}
#ifconfig ${vif} $OP
brctl ${brcmd} ${bridge} ${domain}
ifconfig ${domain} $OP

I tried running it by hand and it says the interface doesn't exist.  My
question is... where/when is the tunnel device created?  This is mostly
a cosmetic change compared to the second problem, which is a
functionality problem..

2) In the example usage it shows the last parameter as ip= with a list
of subnets.  How do I pass this ip information to vif-bridge from the
domains configuration file?  I'd really like to use the functionality it
has to limit which domain will be forwarded IP's (to prevent IP
stealing), but for the life of my I can't figure it out... it definitely
does NOT pass the ip variable from the config file as that is already
set.

I'm wondering where vif-script is executed by xend.. I did a grep over
xend itself along with the entire /usr/lib/python/xen directory and only
found a single reference to vif-script and that is where it loads in
from the config file.  Perhaps just knowing more about how xend deals
with vif-script will help me along here.

--
Thanks,
Matt