Re: [Xen-devel] Porting of Guest OS

Yeah, it worked but I had to edit /etc/fstab file in the guest OS:
1) replaced the LABLE=/ with /dev/sda1
2) removed the line with /boot
3) removed the line with swap

Even after that it gave errors for filesystem check. So, I just replaced the /sbin/fsck.ext3 file in guest OS with a script that does nothing.

Here are some other errors that I still have:
During boot-up:
1) Applying Intel IA32 Microcode update: insmod: /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.97-smp/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/microcode.o: insmod char-major-10-184 failed

2) Starting keytable: Loading keymap: /etc/rc5.d/S17keytable: line 26: /dev/tty0: No such device
[FAILED]

3) Starting console mouse services: gpm: oops() invoked from gpn.c(132)
loadlut: is your kernel compiled with CONFIG_SELECTION on?: Invalid argument
[FAILED]
(This is probably because the initial OS installation was configured to have a graphical interface)

During Halt:
1) Sending all processes the KILL signal...
Syncing hardware clock to system time modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135
hwclock is unable to get I/O port access:  the iopl(3) call failed.

Guest OS boots-up and halts fine. (except for the above errors)

Any suggesstions??

Thanks,

Amitabh