[Xen-devel] Re: x86_64 progress?

Ian Pratt wrote:
>>> Anything at all for x86_64 users?
>>
>> We'll announce it when it's ready for testing. It's not due on the
>> roadmap until Q2, but there will be testing versions earlier.
>
> Toa void confusion I should probably have also said "Of course,
> standard x86 xen/linux works fine on x86_64 boxen, you just don't
> get all that 64 bit goodness..."

I think this was discussed already, but I couldn't find the exact
answer - was x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T) port supposed to be able run 32-bit
guests (domain1+) on a 64-bit host (domain0)?

I ask this because I have a very broken driver for an ADSL PCI card
(source driver, not binary, luckily) - it does not like SMP at all,
and I am guessing it does not like 64-bit any more. So unless I come
up with a way to use that card on a 64-bit host, I can't upgrade.

-- Naked