Re: [Xen-devel] suggested domain0 memory size

Jérôme Petazzoni wrote:
Thanks, but what do you think about 32MB?

I had serious problems with low-memory domain0. It caused problems with the backend of the block devices of other domains (those domains got I/O errors). I would not go below 64 MB, unless maybe by tweaking VM "will to swap" to be sure to have enough kernel memory available at anytime.

Thanks for feedback. I'm using file-backed VBDs (ie. domains are using files stored under domain0's filesystem). BTW, what is the lowest-memory-hungry filesystem for this usage? Or should be something like LVM better?

TIA,
jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth