Re: [Xen-devel] problems compiling xen on a crusoe

> Yep, I'm definitely trying to boot xen.gz (unless the grub menu
> extract I showed earlier was wrong)...
>
> Have tried adding printk's and for (;;) {} in kernel.c - that didn't help.
>
> The infinite loops in x86_32.S did make a difference at the following
> line though:
>     128 start_paging:
>     129         mov     $idle_pg_table-__PAGE_OFFSET,%eax
>     130         mov     %eax,%cr3
>     131         mov     $0x80050033,%eax /* hi-to-lo: PG,AM,WP,NE,ET,MP,PE */
>     132         mov     %eax,%cr0
>     133         jmp     1f
>     134 1:      /* Install relocated selectors (FS/GS unused). */
>     135         lgdt    gdt_descr
>
> Adding the 1:  jump 1b before line 132 would make it hang; adding the
> line after 132 saw the computer rebooting continuously...  I have no
> idea what to make of this though.

Hmm.... sounds like we don't work so well with Crusoe. :-)

Firstly, I don't suggest that looping between lines 132 and 133 is
very wise. The move to %cr0 and the following jump are supposed to
happen right after one another. Put the loop immediately after line
134.

Then, a few possibilities that might get you further:

Change line 131 to:
 mov %cr0,%eax ; or $0x80050023,%eax
                             ^
                             Note this digit changed!

Change line 133 to:
 ljmp $(__HYPERVISOR_CS),$1f

Let me know how you get on with these changes.

 Cheers,
 Keir