RE: [Xen-devel] crashes

yes (it's the same test) and yes (it appeared to be fixed but is broken now).

James

From: Keir Fraser
Sent: Thu 29/07/2004 7:29 PM
To: James Harper
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] crashes

[Resending with top post as my mailer successfully hid my last
response]

Is this the same 'ping other domain while diffing large files' test
that we were using to trigger the blkdev mismerge bug? If so, did
everything seem to work okay for a short while after that bug was
fixed, but has become broken again now?

If this is a bug that triggers after DOM0's memory map is mixed around
(no longer contiguous) then it may be easier to find after I add code
next week that will reverse DOM0's address space if you make a debug
build of Xen. It's already found one bug (in pci_alloc_consistent())
that I'll fix on Monday, and check the debug code in at the same
time.

 -- Keir