Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie of xen-unstable: xend start failure

helen zhan wrote:

Hi,
I just installed xen-unstable two hours ago following the instructions in the README file. I used "make world" and "make install" to compile and install it sucessfully. But when I tried to start the daemon by "xend start", I got the error as below. It looks like that a file "xc.py" was missing in the directory "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/xen/lowlevel". Does anyone have any clue how to fix it?

The xc module failed to import because it couldn't open the command interface
(that's the line ERROR:... below). After that everything trying to use xc got
an error. The usual reason for this is that xend was not being run by root -
if you weren't root when running 'xend start', try again as root.

XendRoot>configure>

XendRoot>set_config> config_path= /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

XendRoot>set_config> loading

XendRoot> config= ['xend-config', ['xend-port', '8000'], ['xend-address', ''], ['network-script', 'network'], ['vif-bridge', 'xen-br0'], ['vif-script', 'vif-bridge'], ['vif-antispoof', 'no']]

ERROR: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such file or directory)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 23, in ?

from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon

File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 38, in ?

import channel

File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/xen/xend/server/channel.py", line 3, in ?

import xen.lowlevel.xc; xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.new()

xen.lowlevel.xc.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Thanks & Best wishes, Helen

Do you Yahoo!?
Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign! <http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/>

Mike