Re: [Xen-devel] lvm

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 07:49:03PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Anyone understand devfs enough to know where we need to calls to
> > the blkif/frontend driver so that the imported device gets
> > registered?
>
> I'd suggest looking at the Linux Device Drivers book, 2nd edition,
> to be found at http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/
> devfs information starting at page 85

To make ourselves look like proper IDE or SCSI devfs nodes would be a
hassle I think, as devfs dictates a different naming schgeme to the
usual Linux style. Since it's dying it's probably not worth it --
especially since the major distros are no longer dependent on it.

Possibly we should disable it in the kernel config to avoid problems.

If the udev/sysfs effort withers and devfs is revived then it might be
worth considering supporting it.

 -- Keir