[Xen-devel] Repost: noob questions

I guess the SF.net mail was down when I first sent this the other day, and I never saw it go through:

I've finally had the time to start taking a serious look at Xen the last few days. I've been using UML a lot on my machines, and want to compare with Xen for maintenance, performance, etc. (We use UML extensively with the company I work so I'm already a believer in virtual servers.)

I've got a couple of questions about getting a kernel compiled.

So far I've been unable to get a 2.4.26 kernel built if I have the XFS filesystem enabled. I've tried with both the 1.2 and unstable bk trees. I'm pretty much all XFS, so if this is a known issue, that's really going to suck. If it's just that nobody's noticed before, then I guess this is a bug report. :) I haven't looked very closely at debugging the compiler output, but it winds up being unknown symbols in hypervisor/network.h I think. I can post the exact output if anyone's interested, although I do plan to dig around in the includes to see if it's just something that's not getting included or something and easily fixed.

Second, I've seen references to the linux 2.6 port, but no source. Is this publicly available yet or are you waiting for an "official" 2.0 release before you release the sources for the 2.6 kernel?

Thanks!

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould