Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support

> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 09:14:15PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > You can, in principle, export anything that dom0 sees as a block
> > device e.g. sda7, nbd0, vg0 as a block device in another domain
> > e.g. sda1, hda1.
>
> What about loop devices?  Should they work?  This lookup_raw_partn()
> exception (in 1.2) might be what threw me off:

They won't work in 1.2, but unstable tree has the capability
internally.

I fear the current user space tools may still currently give you
the lookup error, but I hope we can get this fixed soon.  [It's
possible that just commenting out the partition check might
work...]

I haven't tried it, but using a combination of a loop back device
(pointing at a sparse file) and Bin Ren's CoW block driver should
then provide CoW sparse disks. Alternatively, it may be possible
to do something similar with LVM2 snapshots.

Ian