RE: [Xen-devel] latest make world

hmmm... i didn't check install/lib/modules/... but make install took quite a while, and was definitely compiling modules. is it possible that make install could be recompiling them?

James

From: Ian Pratt
Sent: Sun 27/06/2004 5:51 PM
To: James Harper
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] latest make world

> The latest (27/6/4) make world doesn't appear to make modules, they don't get made until 'make install'. Is this the desired behaviour?

Odd. "make world" should build and install modules under
"install/lib/modules/2.4.26-xen[0U]".  "make install" should then
copy them to the final /lib/modules/2.4.26-xen[0U]

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? I followed your
suggestion and incorporated the 0 and U suffix into the KERNELRELEASE
string, hence we build separate modules for each kernel.

Cheers,
Ian