[Xen-devel] Cache HDD

Hello Xen team.

One idea: Using local HDD as cache.

Local RAID: Fast. but difficult to mangage.
|        |
|Xen Node| -SCSI- |RAID|
|        |

All network: easy to manage. but slow.
|        |
|Xen Node| -NFS/iSCSI/ENBD- |File Server|
|        |

My proposal: Diskless node with cache HDD.
Fast. and easy to manage.
|        |
|        | - |Local HDD| <- Use this as a permanent cache
|        |
|Xen Node| -NFS/iSCSI/ENBD- |File Server|

The key point is, if local HDD broken, you just change it for new one.
Dont have to recover the data.
Only drawback of HDD trouble is, it slows for a while.

          Best Regards,

                    Okajima, Jun.
                    President, Digital Infra, Inc. Tokyo, Japan.
                    http://www.digitalinfra.co.jp/
                    Member of coLinux Development Team.
                    http://www.colinux.org/