Re: [Xen-devel] megaraid problem on hp netserver lh6000 - ignorebiostables o.k.

> Judging from the Linux boot output, this looks like a 5 (!) CPU
> system. Is this correct?

yes ... LH6000 is up to 6 CPU, I thought it´s good for QOS resource

        sharing if I can pin domains to a "free" cpu.

> You're definitely outside the tested envelope with this system...

not so good for production use :o)

> A few things to try:
>
> 1) Remove half the RAM (2GB). We have some 4GB systems that work
> fine, but its possible there's a clash with IO memory space.

ack

> 2) Remove all but one of the Ethernet cards. Multiple Ethernet
> cards shouldn't cause problems, but we've never used multiple of
> these particular cards. (You can't currently use more than one
> card anyhow, but this will be fixed relatively soon)

ack

> 3) Boot a 2.4.16 version of Linux (e.g. from the 1.0
> XenDemoCD). If that fails, step forward versions until you find
> the one where it starts working. (It's probably a BIOS table or
> weird APIC issue)

? sorry ... what to do in detail ?

On my XenDemoCD 1.0 download/22.01.2004 is only 2.4.22 as a boot
config.
This XenoLinux config booting is o.k.!
In dmesg only one cpu.
With mii-tools no network interface is accessible.

> 4) Boot Xen with a serial line connected so that you can capture
> the serial output to send to us.

ack ... need equipment for it ... next week

> Ian

   Manni