Re: [Xen-devel] compile fixes for mini-os

> Hmmm... volatile generally gets sprinkled round like magic dust. I'm
> not convinced it's usually needed.

Looking closer at the code, it looks like gcc is just being dumb about
the context. The overhead of using -Wcast-qual and most of the others
probably isn't worth it. The one that is probably worth having for Xen,
if only because doing arithmetic on void pointers seems like blatantly
bad form, is -Wpointer-arith.

> I'll give the fixes a look - probably when I get back to Cambridge in
> teh middle of next week. I'll probably take them all for the mini-os -
> I'll have a think about whether any of the warning options should be
> added to Xen as well.

Thanks.

                        -Kip