Re: [Xen-devel] compile fixes for mini-os

> I'm compiling the mini-os files in the FreeBSD build environment which
> uses the following extra flags:
>
> -Wcast-qual -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wpointer-arith -Winline -ansi
>
> This produces a number of annoying warnings which are fixed by the
> attached patch. In addition the sabon.sty doesn't exist in my
> environment - I was able to comment it out in style.tex any
> apparent ill effect.

Okay, I guess that relying on the sabon package is a bad idea. Also
thanks for the C++ comment-style fixes.

Personally I dislike the warnings GCC emits when it's placed in
super-anal mode. I would never take fixes for Xen or Xenolinux to stop
those warnings since I think GCC should be run with a more permissive
set of options.

For the mini-os I'll give the patches some thought. I guess it's being
used as a starting point for ports that may use a different compiler
or have a predetermined set of command-line options, so perhaps it
makes sense...

 -- Keir

PS. Please send your documentation updates when you think it's
worthwhile. They'll be vey useful!
.