Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot open root device for dom0

>> Does anyone know why the (failed) modprobe attempt is happening at all,
>> since the ext3 driver is built in?
>
>It's actually the xenolinux block device driver that it's trying
>to modprobe.

Indeed; in more detail, the modprobe happened because major device 3 (ide0)
was not registered with the blkdev layer; and this happened because
something was screwed in the xenolinux 'probe' (where at start of day it
asks Xen about what devices exist, etc). Given that this code has all just
been rewritten (in Xen) to use red-black trees in place of a hash table so
that order is deterministic, I reckon that's the culprit.

Anyway, that's just for info -- I believe it's fixed now, right?

cheers,

S.