RE: [Xen-users] DomU image file on NFS Storage

To: <zod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DomU image file on NFS Storage
From: Antonio Colin <dftonywhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 12:01:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 10:03:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Erick,

Yes, that is only for locally, AoE, iSCSI (if I remember rightly) stored images.
I'm using Xen 4.0.0 + Debian Lenny as Dom0.
The CentOS4 *.img file was created with virt-manager within the Dom0 and stored in the local hard drive, as usual.
Now, I want to store that same *.img file but on an NFS server and boot it from there for later migration, which
is exactly what I want to do.

I have tried mounting the DomU filesystem on the NFS server and then export the directory to the Dom0, but it does not boot.
And it woult not work either for a HVM which is what I would be implementing later.

Do you have any option or idea of how could I do this?

Thank you,

Tony.