[Xen-users] Cannot boot with LVM inside Xen DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Cannot boot with LVM inside Xen DomU
From: Prakhar Srivastava <prakhar.apj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 22:27:41 +0530
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:00:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I have Xen 4.0 installation on Debian Squeeze. I am able to boot Xen guest based on physical partition but failing to boot Xen guest with LVM within DomU. To use LVM inside DomU, I took the following way:
1. Installed a basic debian squeeze system on a AMD64 box. Used the entire disk disk and configure LVM option to set root on LVM. The root is at /dev/Box1/root and swap is at /dev/Box1/swap_1
2. Installed Xen and Dom0 from repository.
3. Populated Xen guest image with DomO image.

When I try to run the image, I get the error that the volume logical volume is not found. I have set root to /dev/mapper/root in Xen configuration volume.
Is there anything I am missing. Has anyone used LVM inside Xen guest?

Prakhar