Re: [Xen-users] Share config between servers

To: Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Share config between servers
From: Juergen Gotteswinter <jg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:11:51 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:13:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Lorenzo,

csync2 is great for this.

oss.linbit.com/csync2/

cheers

Juergen

Am 16.06.11 17:03, schrieb Lorenzo Milesi:
Hi.
I've installed two physical servers with Debian 6, Xen 4 and drbd8.
I'm trying to do live migration, and seems to work (despite it's taking 1m30 to
execute xm migrate, on a 100mbit link).
These are going to be managed by heartbeat, and there's something I cannot
understand: I've created the VM using virt-manager, and it placed the config in
/var/lib/xend/domains on the first dom0. This config is NOT replicated accross
xen servers.

I'd like to know: is it possible to make Xen servers communicate and share VM
configs?
Or should I place that dir on a shared location (drbd) between the two?

Thanks