Re: [Xen-users] how to configure xen with router-mode

Hi yue,

Ok so first off you should edit your file "/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp" and locate
two lines;

The first two are:

(network-script network-bridge)
(vif-script vif-bridge)

Comment them out and uncomment the following:

(network-script network-route)
(vif-script vif-route)

Save the file.

Now pop open "/etc/sysctl.conf" and add the following lines to the bottom:

# Enables packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.forwarding = 1
net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding = 1
net.ipv6.conf.eth0.forwarding = 1
# Enable proxy-arp
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.proxy_arp = 1

After these changes you should reboot.

Now it should be as simple as adding the following to your VMs config files:
vif = [ 'ip=10.0.0.2' ]

Replace ip with the IP you intend for the server to have.

On the VM configuration side I'm not 100% sure but last I recall you need to
assign that single IP with a netmask of 255.255.255.255 and a gateway of the
same IP.

Hope that helps

Iain