Re: [Xen-users] grub commands problem with Ubuntu 10.04

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had installed Ubuntu on a machine which has Windows7 using Wubi
> where Ubuntu is running inside a folder in C drive which is an NTFS
> partition
>
> these are my grub entries
>
> menuentry "Xen Linux 2.6.32.27" {
>        insmod multiboot2

insmod multiboot should be enough

>        set root='(hd0,2)'
>        set root=(loop0)
>        kernel (hd0,2)/boot/xen.gz dummy=dummy

it should be "multiboot", not "kernel". Where did you read that it
should be kernel? Blindly trying anything?

>        module (hd0,2)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32.27 dummy=dummy
> root=/dev/sda2 loop=/ubuntu/disks/root.disk ro console=tty0
>        module (hd0,2)/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.27
> }
>
> I also tried  insmod multiboot  each time I got
>
> error file not found
> error unknown command 'kernel'
> error unknown command 'module'
> error unknown command 'module'
>
> Any thing else which I can try?

Something might be wrong with your grub installation. Or it might just
be too old. Try pressing "c" (for command line), and when you get
"grub>" prompt try some stuff:
- lsmod --> you should see ntfs there
- ls --> you should see your disk and partition in the form of (hd0)
(hd0,1) and so on)
- ls (hd0,2)/boot/grub/multiboot.mod
- ls (hd0,2)/boot/grub/ntfs.mod
- ls (hd0,2)/boot/xen.gz