Re: [Xen-users] use PCI VGA card on domU, and questions about USB

To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] use PCI VGA card on domU, and questions about USB
From: Doublehp <doublehp-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:06:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:08:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 25/06/10 23:02, Nick Couchman wrote:
>> Can you point me to the right "up to date" page, or mailing list
>> archive ?
>
> If you're talking about passing through a graphics card to a domU,

Yes :) these were the magical words i needed for google.

> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough

My BIOS is not compatible. I give-up forever ... until I buy a new box.
But, since this box is branc new, and was expensive, I was hoping to use
it at least for the coming 5 years. OT. But, my computer can not do
IOMMU/IOvirt.

Thanks. Case closed.

>> but as I add usbdevice = "host:0421:04f0", usbdevice='tablet'
>> seems ignored. What's wrong ? maybe i should do something like
>> usbdevice={'tablet', "host:0421:04f0"} ?
>
> Many versions of Xen are limited to a single USB device being passed
> through to the domU.  Version 4.0 may be the first version that does
> not have this limitation.  Since the tablet is considered a USB
> device, you have to choose - tablet (absolute mouse) support, or USB
> support - you can't have both (at least in versions of Xen prior to
> 4).  Even in the versions that do support multiple USB devices, you
> sometimes have to add the secondary ones after boot time.

I have to try again, to check if I could, or not, passe 3 USB devices to
Windows ...

But, what about someething like
usbdevice={'tablet', "host:0421:04f0"}
or