Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI and LVM

To: Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI and LVM
From: Igor Shalakhin <igor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:15:25 +0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:18:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't beleive, try it! :)
Last 2 years I work with Xen on top of OpenSolaris and have no problem with zfs performance. Now I work with Xen in Linux and I think, that Linux not have and in near future not would have such handy and cosidered filesystem like zfs.
Little expample:
With zfs I can create sparse block device in filesystem's subtree, attach it to DomU as phy:/ device, define scheduled snapshoting of it and make incremental(!) backup of block device to other system. And this all by 5-6 standart system's commands. And so with LVM? Simple impossible...
Unfortunately, Solaris not have DRBD technology.