[Xen-users] Multiple NIC interfaces on different subnets

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Multiple NIC interfaces on different subnets
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:18:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:20:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have multiple /24 networks here and I need to be able to have machines on at
least 2 or 3 of the ranges. The server has 4 NIC ports I can use if needed.
What would be the best way to get these /24's accessible on this machine? I
have looked at the http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking page, but I
am more lost now! All of my Xen usage up to this point has been on ubuntu 8.04
using Xen version 3.2.1-rc1-pre without libvirt undoubtedly. I tried setting
the vlan to the proper one on the switch and plugging another ethernet cable in
to the port on the server and "ifup eth1". Then "brctl show" showed the
interface but no vif or tap device for it. As shown here:

[root@xen domains]# brctl show
eth0            8000.002564f952c3       no              tap4.0
                                                        vif4.0
                                                        vif3.0
                                                        peth0
eth1            8000.002564f952c5       no              peth1
virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
[root@xen domains]#

Also, my networking went wonky with that interface active and I was unable to
install any Domu's. So I shut the interface down and all went back to normal.
Example of what I need to happen:

Xen Dom0 is currently running on 10.8.2.XXX
All Domu's are currently running on same 10.8.2.XXX range
I need some Domu's to be on the 10.8.3.XXX and 10.8.8.XXX range

Dom0 is running CentOS 5.4 with Xen 3.4.2 from the gitco repo's. Thanks in
advance for any pointers.
--

Donny B.