[Xen-users] xend-config.sxp setting question & vlans

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xend-config.sxp setting question & vlans
From: Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:49:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:51:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I have a question for the xenners using 1st method of having VMs using VLAN interfaces with XEN. [http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking]

I've setup my /etc/network/interfaces file with bridge enteries like in the example:

iface xen-br293 inet manual
    up vconfig add eth0 293
    up /etc/xen/scripts/network start netdev=eth0.293 bridge=xen-br293 antispoof=no
    up /sbin/ifconfig eth0.293 up
    down /etc/xen/scripts/network stop netdev=eth0.293 bridge=xen-br293 antispoof=no
    down vconfig rem eth0.293

However now I was wondering was the correct settings for the "network-script" and "vif-script" in the xend-config.sxp file. Do I need to create blank scripts, or it there a dummy one I should use instead of (network-script 'network-bridge') and(vif-script vif-bridge) respectively?

I was prepared to specify the exact bridge name in each of my DomU configuration files, so the automatic networking scripts are not required.

Lastly James Bulpin added: "I then add an
init.d script to bring the interface up between xend and xendomains starting."

Could one provide an example of what they did here. My understanding of that is to create a shell script like up-xen-bridges with multiple ifconfig lines like:

#!/bin/bash
#
# up-xen-bridges     Script to start the Xen bridges.
#