RE: [Xen-users] iSCSI Volumes and Xen

Nathan Eisenberg wrote:

 > I, amongst many, have found performance to be dire when mounting the
 iSCSI volume in a DomU - it seems the Dom0 networking just don't work
 well with it. I don't think I'm alone in having had to attach the
 iSCSI volume on Dom0 and share it to the DomU as a virtual block
 > device.

This is exactly what I do, and the performance difference is significant. I also feel it's far more manageable than having them in the domUs

For me it's the other way round - it would have been far easier to manage in the DomU. it probably makes a difference how much you use iSCSI, in my case I only need one volume in one guest - and I figured it would be easier to mount it directly and make the guest independent of the host.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years.