RE: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?

To: "Paras pradhan" <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?
From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:41:37 -0400
Cc: jean-baptiste.favre@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:43:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dom0 and domU support are two separate issues as far as I'm concerned.

The newest kernels with  pv_ops already provide good domU support.  Since this
is in the official Linux tree, you should be able to use RH6 or any future
distribution "out of the box" as a domU.

For dom0, run whichever distribution suits you.  Someone already said RH5 will
be supported for a few years.  Or OpenSUSE.  Or Debian. Take your
pick...there's no good reason this needs to run the same distribution as your
guest domains.

For what it's worth, I have no plans to deploy KVM any time within the next
year.  If/when KVM leapfrogs Xen in capability and maturity, I'll take a look.

-Jeff