Re: [Xen-users] hardware recommendations please

To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] hardware recommendations please
From: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:46:21 +0800
Cc: Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:47:06 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=UMaNhIDuFog+Dl6fuVJ9/gbfJD0J8NR4liK+n+bfzuw=; b=PWQnQA8JfEeCMxEWLkSDnJ/r43NN+DBqov50meP41+iwEgyPPeJJCaqFpUwmtx4TZw NPHS5SNmmDAj7ez4JtZvm8IThVHkRtIaTHYf0hU0JOlIXi1Y7QnFV5Y9niP0zyjzGuwT 3p1maGYkXK7eh3s6HEF59rR+iQKuX2Kx1FdaU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am quite positive MSI and Gigabyte don't support virtualization.
I've read some where that there may be issues with VT-d when it comes
to ASUS's X58 chipset boards. The best bet is to stick to Intel's Q35,
Q45, and X58 chipset boards. AMD's upcoming 800 series chipset boards
will support IOMMU I think.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)