Re: [Xen-users] which is the best way to setup DomU's kernel location

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] which is the best way to setup DomU's kernel location
From: Ady Deac <ady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:58:17 +0300
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 01:58:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Chris,

A: best if you could build a domU specific kernel. Try including everything in the kernel (ie. no modules). And include only the things you are sure you will need/use.

B: then you will have to run domUs with the hardware virtualisation enabled and you will loose all the performance that Xen is offering in paravirtualised mode.

Strongly consider the A option with custom domU. Have a directory in the root tree for those kernels. Worked best for me when migrating.

Have phun!

Chris Andrews wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering what do you guys thing is the best way to control the
domU kernels. Would you A. use the name kernel for the all the domU's
using the dom0 kernel or B. make a boot partition inside the domU's and
use there own kernel?

Deac Mihai-Adrian

W: www.mikesoftware.com
P: +40-745-256.364