RE: [Xen-users] Bootable LiveDVD w/ Xen that boots Windows Image?

To: "'Joshua Kinard'" <joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Bootable LiveDVD w/ Xen that boots Windows Image?
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:04:48 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:05:53 -0700
References: <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E43A48958428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <7207d96f0908092019p2e35d160wd4d9cd47a1ca4efe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E43A4895842C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <7207d96f0908111906w6c74d4cfq720d1f30b84e9e82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E43A4EA6509E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <7207d96f0908122249j7382f226p5b9ffa9913a457f6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E43A4FE5DA09@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <7207d96f0908140153k38ad8e8btd9c9244a26129150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E44CC4EF95E7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E44CC4EF95E8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <6b7f6eb0908182029w3e468990iad2fb717f9591c58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E44DF37118EB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EA0B71C2-E293-4A02-BF58-549277A72C88@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BAA714735552E0E44DF37118EC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <C0000549-7569-4186-89E2-FB31716D3679@xxxxxxxxxxxxx m> <E9E9BAC7D3459C40BA A714735552E0E450EE9FC75C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Regarding your comment on GPLPV, it does not expose any real
hardware to the HVM domU; it exposes and provides drivers for the PV devices
that are always used by PV domains (instead of the fully virtualized devices
typically used by HVM domains).  I don't believe the PV devices change when
the hardware on a machine changes (just the fully virtualized devices don't
change), so the GPLPV drivers should provide performance enhancement without
adding any new potential (non-driver related) issues once they are working
on a LiveDVD (because nothing should change in terms of what your guest is
seeing once you have everything on RO storage).
        Dustin