Re: [Xen-users] terrible problems with Xen on SLES 10.2 / 11

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Marcin Krol <mrkafk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does lsmod have aacraid listed? What does lspci say about RAID
>> controller? Mine has this
>> 04:00.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID (Rocket) (rev 02)
>

> As far as I can tell, there's no problem with that, that's drive controller
> on one of the SLES 11 x86 machines:
>
> 00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) IDE
> Controller (rev 02)

My machine has two controllers actually. One IDE controller
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB/3100 Chipset
SATA IDE Controller (rev 09)

And one HW RAID (the one I pasted earlier). The active one on my
system is the AAC one.

>> I have several IBM x series with Xeons, and they all work correctly
>> with xen from RHEL5.x.
>
> How did you install them then? I mean, installation procedure? Did you
> install RPMs by hand? What are the versions?
>
> I can try installing RH with xen to try to pinpoint the problem, I only need
> to know how.

I started with standard installation, do a "yum groupinstall
Virtualization", then adjust grub default entry. These are the
relevant versions

# rpm -qa | grep xen
xen-libs-3.0.3-64.el5_2.3
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5
xen-3.0.3-64.el5_2.3
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5

I chose this method since it allows me to verify first that the OS
works correctly without Xen. Once I'm sure of it, I installed Xen. The
somewhat old version is because I haven't reboot this system in almost
a year :)

You could also choose to install virtualization during installation,
which gives you xen kernel right away.

--
Fajar