Re: [Xen-users] Xen Performance

To: Amir Maqbool Ahmed <AmirM.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Performance
From: Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:29:05 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:39:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Amir Maqbool Ahmed
<AmirM.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It shows that for some types of Disk IO, like sequential delete and random
> create
> Xen performs faster than native linux.

let me guess: you're running your DomU's images as files, and the
bonnie++ testsize is bigger than DomU's RAM, but less than Dom0's RAM.
 right?

it's an illusion created by the file-level caching at Dom0.  try
bigger a testsize and it should disappear.  in fact, with real-life
loads it's the slowest config, with better performance when you use
lower-level backends (LVM, or tap:) that skip the cache.

--
Javier