[Xen-users] system reboots half way through virt-install

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] system reboots half way through virt-install
From: Kevin McKeon <kevin.w.mckeon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:22:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:23:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hope somebody can help me out here.

I've been building a bunch of Xen PV DomUs on Dell 2950 SAN attached boxes. I've done this a bunch of times using virt-install and it typically works just fine. From time to time, I'll come across a system that will shutdown about half way into a DomU installation when using 'virt-install'. The installation kicks off just fine but the system eventually reboots without warning. The frustrating thing is nothing significant is written to /var/log/messaages prior to the shutdown. Each time I attempt to run virt-install, the system crashes and not always during the same phase of the install. If I let the box sit idle, it will stay running for days. It only crashes during a DomU install.

Thoughts anyone????
Thanks
-Kevin