RE: [Xen-users] Trying to install windows as guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Trying to install windows as guest
From: Guido Hecken <guido.hecken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:36:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:33:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just to be shure...
Is your path to the logical volume correct?
What does lvdisplay claim about your volumes?

In this working example xen looks for the volumegroup "virt_vm_vg" in /dev
where
the logicalvolume "w2k_sbs" resides.

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/virt_vm_vg/w2k_sbs,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/sdb,hdb,r' ]

In your configuration the path to the volume is relativ "vg/..." while the
path to
the iso is absolute "/mnt/...".
Where is your volumegroup "vg" located (under /dev or /)?

>> disk = [ 'phy:vg/win01,sda,w','file:/mnt/winxp.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Guido