Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash
From: "Aaron L. Meehan" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:03:46 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:04:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Does this look familiar to anyone? I'm wondering if the FS (ext3) is
> implicated, or just
> an innocent bystander. I'm using LVM storage on a RAID1 done with Linux
> kernel software RAID.
>
>   Thanks in advance for any advice.

> [140027.190913] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 11s! [multilog:4725]

I saw this same thing after I was messing around with the vcpu-set and
-pin settings for my domU's.  Somehow I really managed to muck things
up, and on one particular domU whenever I tried to compile software it
would choke.  I rebooted the dom0 to just simply get things back the way
they were, and it worked fine.

Aaron

--
Aaron L. Meehan - System Administrator