Re: [Xen-users] Xen PV Drivers 0.9.12-pre13 and Windows 2003 - Network

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen PV Drivers 0.9.12-pre13 and Windows 2003 - Network doesn't work
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 03:48:38 +0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 May 2009 13:49:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Voyager2K8 <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 0.9.12-pre13 gives BSOD 0x0000008E with acpi=0

That would generally happen if you had acpi=1 and THEN change it to acpi=0.
You should either
- do a fresh install with acpi=0, or
- change Windows HAL (which is somewhat tricky)

> Has someone a working config file for win2k3 + gplpv version
> I had one working with acpi=1, but if I clone the machine and change the IP
> on the cloned machine, it keeps holding the old one

That is normal. It's how Windows behave. Which is why I set IP address
to DHCP on the "template" domU :)

> :( or gives BSOD

First of all you need to make sure that whatever clone method you use
is working correctly. dd usually work. I prefer ntfsclone which is
faster (but also more complex).

Second, on the first boot after cloning  I need to boot with /NOGPLPV.
Windows will say it detects new device, needs to reboot. Then I boot
with /NOGPLPV again, this time running NewSID. THEN I boot with gplpv
enabled :)

Regards,

Fajar