Re: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O

To: Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O
From: Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:24:42 +0100
Cc: Craig Herring <craigeherring@xxxxxxxxx>, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:25:28 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=8HO3bZWmBiIakOO5fHyXfSBQLloN0iP4YPCFhoj4/44=; b=ifJPdwrfu7Fwd9mra0tPPDXO0uilgG5YUJvN8ZIsc0xkmIvk6oQYAjQH3tU6eNTOe8 3As/Bbp24/wKNcFqBEwk1hLksFPqwL1nuLhfDKhc+tgXoCVU4ccw+JhVlKytSAWfViTu jXkG/SQwQhZu8xliZUef9OBjTnJozitYoNPn4=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some very good advice below. If you have the budget for a decent san
> type box for storage then Infiniband + RDMA + ISCSI + DRBD on two
> mirrored boxes should allow for excellent performance and easy failover.

Hello,

we have 7 Servers with about 30 VM spread accross these servers.
Would a iSCSI device with 1Gb/1GB Interface enaough to hold up to 100VM?
Or will the IO be not enough? Most VM do serve websites, but some have
heavy mysql usage.

thx