RE: [Xen-users] disk backend performance

To: 'Xen Users' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] disk backend performance
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:41:03 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:41:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I really need to share a directory but don't want to use NFS, but a lower
>level, faster protocol over Ethernet that does not have the overhead of
>TCP-IP. My main partition is formatted as the root "/" and then I guess I
>cannot share a directory over AOE? An alternative would be to repartition my
>drive and break it into two separate partitions, and publish one via AOE,
>but how can I do that without reinstalling the OS?

Federico,
If your interests performance, you're wasting your time nit picking the
difference's
in how you export storage if you're doing it all off the system disc whether
it's a raw
partition exported or a directory or a file on your filesystem exported as a
raw device...

If you have only one disc at your disposal, you're not going to squeeze that
last little bit
out