[Xen-users] PV 0.9.12pre3 gives BSOD when installing in VM in Xenserver

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PV 0.9.12pre3 gives BSOD when installing in VM in Xenserver 5.
From: Roel Broersma <roel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:00:22 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:01:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have Xenserver 5.0.
When i install a new VM with Windows Server 2003 X64 Standard (R2) and
install all windows-updates,  it gives me a BSOD when i install the PV
0.9.12pre3 drivers.

Steps to reproduce:
- Install Xenserver 5  (light/free or Enterprise/trial)
- Install a Windows Server 2003 x64 R2 VM from a ISO or CD
- Install all windows updates
- Download the GPLPV 0.9.12pre3 .exe file to the desktop and double-click
it.
  - First it will give 3 popups about certificate/signing warnings
  - Then it gives 1 or 2 driver-install popups for the Xen PCI Device
Driver,  when i click ok... it gives a BSOD !

I attached 2 screenshots:
- One of the BSOD  http://www.nabble.com/file/p20607865/bsod.jpg
- One of the Device Management screen -before- doing the GPLPV driver
install   http://www.nabble.com/file/p20607865/screenshot_BEFORE_install.jpg

i installed the GPLPV drivers before, on a system which had the XenTools
4.0/4.1 installed, i unstalled those.. and then a install of GPLPV has no
problems...

BUT a install from scratch.. on a real clean system gives errors.